Sidebars & Widgets
This page describers various sidebars/Widget area in the WPLMS and widgets.
Sidebars and Widgets can be set up in WP Admin Dashboard->Appearance->Widgets.
In WPLMS we use the terminology Sidebar for Widget areas in the theme. The sidebars are used in almost all the pages in WPLMS. Although sidebars are configurable for each post type like page, post, course, unit etc. each post type has a default value of the sidebar. Description of each sidebar is explained below.
- 1.Student Sidebar : This is the dashboard sidebar for students. This sidebar is visible on the dashboard area of students. Any widgets added in this sidebar will appear in the student dashboard.
- 2.Instructor Sidebar : This is the dashboard sidebar for instructors. Similar to student sidebar, this sidebar is visible on the dashboard area of instructors. Any widgets added in this sidebar will appear in the instructor dashboard.
- 3.Main Sidebar : This sidebar is the default sidebar for all the pages, posts, archive, category pages etc. For posts and pages you also get an option to override this sidebar from page/post settings area.
- 4.BuddyPress : This sidebar is shown on All BuddyPress pages like All members, All groups, All forums, All courses page and all activity.
- 5.Course Sidebar : This sidebar is the sidebar which is shown on single Course pages. You can also set a custom sidebar for any course from the course settings area while editing the course in wp admin area.
- 6.Search Sidebar : This sidebar is the sidebar on the default Search and course search pages.
- 7.Shop : This sidebar is shown on WooCommerce shop page.
- 8.Product : This sidebar is shown on All Product pages.
- 9.Checkout : This sidebar is shown on checkout page below the coupon widget.
- 10.Top footer Sidebar : This sidebar is shown on Footer top row. You can chose to show/hide this sidebar based on the footer layout value which can be set in Customizer - Footer.
- 11.Bottom footer Sidebar : This sidebar is shown on Footer bottom row. You can chose to show/hide this sidebar based on the Footer layout value set in Customizer - footer.
- 13.Vibebp Member Dashboard[New in v4]: This sidebar is introduced in v4 so if you will add widgets in this sidebar it will be appear in Adminstrator's Dashboard. The instructor and Student Sidebar is already explained above
Vibe Options Panel
This is a dashboard sidebar. A special sidebar built for dashboards. Any widget that you add here shows up in the Dashboard area.
A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user.