2. Choose Portable object message catalog in the drop down menu (po/pot)
3. Po file will be downloaded
4. Now Choose Machine object message catalog in the drop down menu (MO)
5. MO file will be downloaded.
6. Make a copy of the DOWNLOADED PO FILE.
7. So now, there are three files
- PO FILE
- MO FILE
- COPY OF PO FILE
8. NOW IT’s Time to rename these files.
PO FILE : buddypress-xx_XX.po
MO FILE: buddypress-xx_XX.mo
COPY OF PO FILE: buddypress.pot
Where xx_XX denotes the language code.
For english usa, lanugage code is en_US
for Portuguese brazil, language code is pt_BR
9. Now there are THREE files
10. NOW VIA FTP OR CPANEL
Go to wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder
Copy buddypress-xx_XX.po and buddypress-XX_XX.mo files there.
Go to wp-content/plugins/buddypress/ folder
Copy buddypress.pot file there.
MANUALLY TRANSLATE BUDDYPRESS
1. Install and Activate Loco Translator Plugin. 2. Go to wp-admin->loco translate->plugins->Choose BuddyPress
3. Click on buddypress
4. Now click on edit template if template is already created.
Otherwise you will have to create a template.
5. After clicking on EDIT TEMPLATE , Now a page will open. Click on sync and save to syncronise the pot file.
6. Now Select the language translation file or create a new language translation file.
7. After selecting the language, a new page will open. 8. Click on sync to syncronise the po and mo files with the pot file. 9. Search for the string that you want to translate. 10. Write the intended translation . 11. Click on Save. 12. You can Download the po and mo translation files for BACKUP.
13. If you are translating any string with Variables like %s, %d
Then You need to follow this guide.
FINALLY CHECK THE FRONTEND TO SEE YOUR TRANSLATED TEXT. #CHEERS.
** IF THE TRANSLATION DOESN’T WORK **
1. Login to your website Via FTP. 2. Make Sure the buddypress-xx_XX.po and buddypress-xx_XX.mo (Example: For English(US), the translation files will be buddypress-en_US.po/mo) translation files of the buddypress are located in This Folder.